March 4, 2010

Aw



I went to Beaker and Flask with my family last night for a birthday dinner. It was great. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. The grilled pork cheeks with the pickled octopi and whatnot is indeed a wonderful dish. I feel like every review I've read raves about that, so I guess I'm jumping on that wagon. Don't order the cocktail with the grappa however. It is called The Old Main Drag and it was totally brutal. We all received our cocktails and did the hmmm, yeah, interesting, tasty, etc, and my dad took a sip of his and said, "I made the wrong choice." And he had. It had this medicinal oily aftertaste that was vaguely reminiscent of gasoline or something equally unpleasant. Everything else was great though.

And the crown jewel of the night: Alto recorder!

It was enough to staunch the hate. I am full of love and good will today.

No comments: