August 23, 2010

Sleigh Bells


I've been listening to these guys all day. They are all sorts of hyped-up and apparently are a great live act. I wouldn't know because I missed them when they opened for Yeasayer. We were too busy doing karate in the dark down the street. Seriously.

I can only imagine all the crashing and squealing and lasers and projections and sweaty kids on drugs that this sort of show would entail. And you know what? I'm stuck imagining it because while LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, and Sleigh Bells decided to do a bunch of shows together (amazing heart-breaking dream show), they also decided that they would just go ahead and skip that little town in Oregon with all the bikes and bad venues. Like total assholes. I'm actually hurt. Mostly by Hot Chip. This is probably abnormal but I feel like this some sort of personal affront. I'm thinking about writing a letter.


No comments: